Just as an ordinary person cannot
distinguish between a real and an imitation pearl, you cannot distinguish between a real saint and an imitation saint.
THE BEST OF GLOW, ed. Naosherwan Anzar, p. 18
1984 © Naosherwan Anzar
- The Difference Is Tremendous
- A sincere belief, no matter how false, does not chain the seeker irredeemably, because he is open to correction.
- Be Ye Inheritors Of The Life Eternal...
- ...which comes to those who seek!
- The Habit Of Having Followers
- At the Eastern sahawas there were four saints. Two genuine saints, and two let us call them saints.
- You Must Not Ask Me The Why
- Once upon a time, this saint encountered an angel and requested him to be allowed to be with him in his wanderings on earth, so that he may understand something of the secret workings of God.
- Everything We Looked At Was Enchanted
- There are in Europe as in other continents holy places particularly connected with great spiritual work.
- Baba Is The Maha Purusha
- When sitting before Baba, the sant said, "It is my great good fortune that I sit today at your feet."
- Saint Mira
- When she died all revered her, and now people repeat her bhajans.
- Saint Mira
- As years passed, she looked radiant in her rags.
- Mirabai And Her Love For Krishna
- That is what God wants, and that is what Mira gave to Krishna
- What Is A 'Saint'?
- A saint is one who sees Me as I really am, and seeing Me as I really am, means seeing nothing else but My effulgence continuously.
- He Is One Not As Other Men Are
- What this saint perceived at that moment in Baba was a spiritual experience which we felt with reverence.
- Like The Shooting Of An Arrow From A Bow
- "Sir, your spiritual status is very exalted among the saints of the day and yet you lead a distressful and harsh life."
- Something Impossibly Difficult
- The Saint Gadge Maharaj once said, "Baba is like the Sun, and I am like a little lamp."
- Think It Over!
- At the moment there are a number of saints in Dehra Dun, Hardwar and Rishikesh.
- Karma Of Interference
- If a person pays respect to a saint on the higher planes of consciousness, he creates a claim against him.
- Just Like A Nut Caught In The Crusher
- There are two types of saints: (1) real saints and (2) imitation saints.
- You Shattered My Deafness St. Augustine
- You touched me, and now I burn with longing for your peace.
- Pir Fazl Shah
- The saint's followers then expressed their astonishment by noting that ever since the morning, the saint had been saying that someone was coming whom they would not know but that everything had to be clean for him.
- Either do not form friendship with an elephant driver; Or be prepared to receive his elephant as well.
- The Vision Was Granted
- She woke very cheerful and happy, and told her husband of the experience.
- Dervish At The Door
- A dervish knocked at a house/ to ask for a piece of dry bread,/ or moist, it didn't matter.
- A Saint
- If you overcome these three enemies, you are a vali (saint), a person who controls kam, krodh, and kanchan.
- Unbounded Saints Rarely Fitted Into The Pattern Of Creeds
- Mostly they lived apart and sought God through intimate experience of Divine Love which overflowed into their everyday living, and which could not be circumscribed by convention or formalism.
- Gadge Maharaj, A Well-Known Saint
- One day Father mentioned to Meher Baba that Gadge Maharaj came frequently to our home for lunch and that, whenever asked, he gave money to Maharaj for the poor.
- Jagannath Maharaj, Like The Holy One Of Assisi
- Jagannath Maharaj, like the holy one of Assisi, shows an unexampled integrity of simple living, notwithstanding his fame and the fullest opportunities for an easy life.
- As Saint Francis Had Loved Jesus
- Through his intense love for Christ, he received the stigmata (marks of the Cross) and at this time, Baba told us, He also became God-Realized.
- It Is A Nostalgia Or A Glimpse That Haunts Them
- Once started, travelers on that path cannot, even if they would, turn back, for they are consumed ceaselessly with the love and desire for the Divine.
- Eruch Jessawala: Cure Yourself
- This saint's body was covered with nodules, with fleshy growths, and so grotesque was his appearance that people couldn't bear the sight of him.