I shall revitalize all religions and cults, and bring them together like beads on one string.
God Speaks, p. xxxvi
1973 © Sufism Reoriented, Inc.
- Like Beads On One String
- I am not come to establish any cult, society or organization; nor even to establish a new religion.
- Lifeless Forms And Ceremonies
- Rituals and ceremonies cannot carry one very far towards the path, and if they are unintelligently followed they bind as much as any other unintelligent action.
- A Tree Without Its Life-Giving Sap
- Loyalty to the incarnated greatness of the past and mere possession and knowledge of the traditional lore is not all that is to be desired.
- Get Hold Of His Skirt
- The religion of Bhaktas or devotees of a Master is to carry out his wishes as far as possible.
- God And Truth Are Far Above Religions
- If an aspirant sticks to religious doctrines and dogmas, he will never achieve his ultimate aim, realization of the Truth.
- The Past and The Present
- This truth is unlimited and can not be imprisoned in any dogmas or creeds, religions or sets of beliefs.
- You Are One With The Limitless Truth Of Divine Life
- The divine Beloved is always with you, in you and around you. Know that you are not separate from Him.
- The New Era Of Truth And Love
- Really speaking, none of you have to receive divinity from me; but what I have to give is the knowledge and experience of the Oneness of us all.
- Different Approaches To Truth
- Any of the ways, if followed honestly and with love, leads one to God.
- One's Heart Will Take Him To Be One's Own
- Baba did not like rites, rituals and ceremonies and He kept reminding us to beware of getting into that rut.
- Take With Love What I Give With Love
- If, instead of erecting churches, fire-temples, mandirs (temples) and mosques, people were to establish the House of God in their hearts for their Beloved God, my work will have been done.
- Let The Spirit Of Man Shine Out Once Again
- The urgent need of today to resuscitate religion is to dig it out of its narrow, dark vault
- Man Wants God But Is Given Stone
- So, it is for this that the teachings of the Avatars and Sadgurus caution one not to give importance to such places and forms of worship.
- Baba Is The Ocean
- These different paths, Sufism, Vedantism, Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Jainism and Christianity are as rivers to the ocean.
- Gather Only For Baba's Sake
- No one will be high and no one will be low in His presence and that is the spirit which will prevail at the time when you are gathered for His love, in His love.
- A Planting Of Love
- Baba at the first sign of a false idea poking its head out of the ground would so often quickly uproot it and replace it with a planting of Love.
- A Radical Change In The Quality Of Life
- Sadhana is spiritually fruitful if it succeeds in bringing the life of the individual in tune with the divine purpose, which is to enable everyone to enjoy consciously the bliss of the God state.
- There Is Great Work Ahead
- If you review my past activities, teachings and workings, you will find that they contain the elements of all religions in one way or another.
- Because Of Me
- Religion is a cage and the people who follow it are all birds locked up inside.
- The Joyful Resurrection Of Jesus Christ
- For a man to deny his religion is near to treachery, although Baba once said, "To change a religion is just like changing a cage", by which he meant to discourage people from doing it.
- True Attainment
- Age after age, the spiritual history of man repeats itself.
- A Religion Of Life
- We do not want a religion of the other world but a Religion of Life. What, therefore, really matters in not a set of ceremonies or rituals, but the spirit of love and worship.
- Attitudes For Aspirants / General Message
- Spirituality is not restricted to, nor can it be restricted by, anyone or anything, anywhere, at any time. It covers all life for all time, and it can easily be achieved through selfless service and that pure love which knows no bondage and seeks no boundary.
- Due to this element of self-delusion, lifeless forms and ceremonies become a sidetrack to the path.
- The Eyes Of The Master
- As guru, he directs spiritually many Jains today, and this "contact" with the Master will bear fruit we may yet witness among this ancient sect, which like all the religions of today, needs a reflowering.
- The Scriptures
- In February 1958, Baba sent him [Francis Brabazon] an admonition, revealing his perspective of religious scripture and human thought:
- When Something Is Done Out Of Love
- Those who love Baba bow down because of love, and those spectators who see people bowing down, though they do likewise, bow down out of respect to tradition.
- Through Muslim Glasses
- The Muslim Church doesn't think much of spirituality which bears not the Muslim stamp and Perfection to them from anywhere outside its fold is simply unthinkable.
- The Religion Of Life: Search For Truth, Part 1
- He cannot whole-heartedly accept Truth; nor can he whole-heartedly accept ignorance.
- The Religion Of Life: The Spiritual Master, Part 2
- The aspirant has to go through the transitional stage of self-surrender to the Master, before he is spiritually reborn in the image of the Master and becomes Truth-conscious.
- The Religion Of Life: The Path To The Summit, Part 3
- Not by seeking individual happiness or safety, but by again and again offering ones life in the service of others is it possible to rise to the unsurpassed completeness of realised Truth.
- The Religion Of Love: Life In Eternity, Part 4
- The vision of life, which I bring, can never allow anyone to remain encaged in the limiting life of the narrow self, with its myriad desires.
- Longing For The Same God
- The sigh within the prayer is the same in the heart of the Christian, the Mohammedan, or the Jew.
- In Whom You Have Sound Faith
- Most of the so-called religious ceremonies performed by the Parsees, the Hindus, and followers of other creeds are unnecessary and worthless.
- Cross The Boundary Of Shariat
- Either cross the boundary of Shariat (outward forms of religions) and enter Tarikat (the spiritual path) or remain within the cage of the creed of your birth.
- Sar Mast
- This point was convincingly elucidated by the Muslim saint, Sufi-Sarmast (who was averse to offering ritualistic prayers) when King Aurangzeb once forced him to participate in the congregational Namaz.
- Their Own Spiritually Perfect Being Was The Very Temple Of God
- Religion itself is inspired from the living example on earth of God as man.
- By Following Shariat To Perfection, Part 1, Ordinary Role Played By Some Of The Perfect Ones, Part 2
- It is best therefore for everyone concerned to follow the observances of one's own religion until such time one is luckily drawn into the orbit of a spiritual Master's influence.
- All Religions Belong To Me
- True religion consists of developing that attitude of mind which results in seeing One Infinite Existence pervading the universe.
- Customs And Rites Of Religion
- Here, to obey me is the best religious act you can perform, and by doing so you will free yourself from all the bondages of the customs and rites of religion.
- My Mission To The West
- My coming to the West is not with the object of establishing new creeds or spiritual societies and organizations, but is intended to make people understand religion in its true sense.
- Moslem Prayer
- God is Great! I bear witness that there is no one greater than God.