When true love is awakened in the aspirant, it leads him to the
realization of God and opens up the unlimited field of lasting and
unfading happiness. The happiness of God-realization is the goal
of all creation. It is not possible for a person to have the
slightest idea of that inexpressible happiness without actually
having the experience of Godhood....
When one becomes God, everything else is zero. The happiness of
God-realization, therefore, cannot suffer curtailment by anything.
The happiness of God-realization is self-sustained, eternally
fresh and unfading, boundless and indescribable. It is for this
happiness that the world has sprung into existence.
DISCOURSES, 7th ed, p. 398, Meher Baba
1987 © AMBPPCT
- He Hears The Voice Of The Heart
- Everyone can be happy, but some feel happy and some feel miserable.
- The Happiness Of Realizing God
- The happiness of God-realization is self-sustained, eternally fresh and unfading, boundless and indescribable.
- Towards Lasting Happiness
- The time has come for the pre-ordained destruction of multiple separateness which keeps man from experiencing the feeling of unity and brotherhood.
- Do You All Promise To Begin Dying?
- So when it is our right to be happy, why try to be unhappy by wanting things?
- Fulfillment Of Desires
- The steadiness and equanimity that remain unaffected by any opposites is possible only through complete detachment, which is an essential condition of lasting and true happiness.
- The Divine Heritage Of Man
- The individual and the unaided efforts of the aspirant are so often unsuccessful, because the very source of such efforts which is the ego, is rooted in ignorance.
- To Be Empty And Naked
- To be empty means to be rid of all desires, and concerns the heart.
- Eternal Now
- Spiritual life is not a matter of quantity but of inherent quality of living.
- What Kind Of Love Is This?
- Some of the group responded spontaneously. But to Rano and me these times were a trial beyond description.
- It is only in spiritual freedom that one can have enduring happiness and unhampered self-knowledge.
- I Dare Not Neglect You
- When you leave all to Me, I dare not neglect you, and you get relief from your predicament.
- It Is Better To...
- It is better to die than to live, better to fear than to die, and better to do than to fill.
- Internal Fountain Of Bliss
- If one were to treat maya sincerely and whole-heartedly as pure imagination, the resultant poise and non-identification with things external would automatically open up one's internal fountain of bliss.
- The Sun Of All Bliss
- The sun is there, shining and spreading its lustre all over the world; but you do not allow its rays to approach you.
- Freedom And Joy Of Nonduality
- In nonduality there is freedom from limitation, as well as the knowledge and appreciation of things as they are.
- The Three States Of Consciousness Experienced By Humanity
- In order that thought may be expressed effectively, all three of the vehicles used in its expression must be perfectly clear, and the interaction between them must be harmonious.
- Be Simple, Honest And Natural In Your Married Life
- Why should one give such importance to sex and celibacy?
- These Are Real Tests
- The more the opposition from maya, the more you should resist and face it with fierce determination.
- Poise Is One Hundred Percent Essential
- When we are driving on tour and there is dust and we feel hunger, thirst and feel sick, then feel as happy as you do now. This is poise.
- Weep Within Continuously
- Tears are not bad, but if you could succeed in restraining them, you will find greater joy in the inner companionship with your Beloved.
- On Different Kinds Of Bliss
- The Chitananda: this is experienced by human beings alone.
- Remain In A Good Mood
- You should not be annoyed, but remain in a good mood and be cheerful, despite your reeling brain.
- Impossible To Gather Up And Destroy
- Though surprised at the penance, she obeyed and carried out this bidding.
- Pay No Attention To Them
- Baba has always said that it was useless to try to control disturbing thoughts by repressing them mechanically.
- You Govern Illusion
- When you are in the grip of this "I," which due to ignorance identifies itself with the body, illusion governs you; but when you know the Truth, you govern illusion.
- God Loves Most The So-Called Destitute And Helpless
- The greater the helplessness, the greater can and should be the dependence upon God for His help.
- Real Alleviation Of Suffering
- The whole play of illusion and the suffering it engenders functions by the divinely established law of karma (cause and effect).
- A Goal Of Paramount Importance
- All Baba asked from each was a happy face and work done cheerfully.
- Remain Happy
- Mere verbal knowledge does not help much, but remember one thing, if misery and happiness are in the domain of Nothing and are really nothing, then why not always choose to be happy?
- What The Ten Commandments Are
- God has already given us such rules, that is what the ten commandments are. Isn't that so?
- Lest You Lose Something Valuable!
- Either keep it yourself or give it up entirely.
- You Are Infinite
- As Infinite Life I experience myself as everyone and everything; I enjoy and suffer through you to make you aware that you are Infinite.
- Addicted To This Self-Created Spectacle
- The mind of the individual is very old, and through the ages it has become deeply engrossed in playing with illusion.
- I Enjoy And Suffer Through You
- Weakness is but a degree of strength.
- Imperishable Sweetness
- One must contact the ocean of unfading bliss within, and be free of the limiting duality of "I" and "you."
- If You Believe I Am God, Then Why Are You Not Happy?
- I felt like saying, because I was still rebelling, "Yes, but I don't have bliss at my back" the expression Baba used in God Speaks when speaking of the Avatar having a mortal body."
- Happiness Through Love
- True happiness begins when a man learns the art of right adjustment to other persons, and right adjustment involves self-forgetfulness and love. Hence arises the spiritual importance of transforming a life of the limited self into a life of love.
- Spiritual Birth
- If the world of form is only an illusion in reality, and if its harvest is such a rich one of misery, then why should its experience be required of the soul?
- Happiness And Bliss
- If man wants the happiness he is striving for, let him be more aggressive towards himself and more tolerant towards others.
- Try To Make Others Around You Happy
- Do not be afraid. All will be well. Do not worry, my nazar is on you.
- Unnecessary Worry Is Madness
- Laugh! Be cheerful! It is all illusion — why not be cheerful, happy? Start now!!
- The Secret To Real Happiness
- It is that acceptance of Baba's will, of His whim, that ultimately allows us to ignore the buzzing of our minds.
- Even A Murderer Seeks Happiness
- I will help you tear open the curtain and enable you to find happiness within.
- Better Life With My Mother
- In short, just think less of yourself and more of others. Real happiness is to make others happy.
- The Joy Of Inward Companionship Of The Divine Beloved
- It is only when the soul attains God-realisation on the seventh plane, that the soul gets full control over its joy: the unlimited happiness, which is eternally his, does not, in any way, unbalance him because he is now permanently established in the poise of non-duality.
- Struggle For Peace And Happiness
- Peace and happiness are not to be fought for but to be sought for within oneself.